Popular Posts

Friday, January 15, 2010

He does what he sees His father doing

I took my son to Starbucks with me yesterday so I could do some writing. He asked if he could bring his computer and do games on it, which I agreed. So, picture this: him and I both walk into Starbucks, out computer bags slung over our shoulders. I ordered a drink at the counter and the Barista asked if he wanted a kid size drink of hot chocolate on the house, to which I also agreed. We both have our drinks in one hand, our bags in the other. We both take out our laptops and do our " work."  Adorable to say the least. But, not unfamiliar. 
John 5:19-21 says " I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself, but only what he sees His Father doing..."   Jesus took his cues from His dad. Just like Caleb took cues from me and Joe. We never taught him that was what work was, but we taught him that through our example. in the same way, Jesus learned  how to set the example, through the greatest example he knew: his Dad. 
Who is your example that you are watching today? Your parents? God? TV?  
Make a commitment to do what you see your Heavenly Father doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment