Popular Posts

Friday, February 5, 2010

Persistent Audacity

Pastor Bill Huegel preached at our church a few weeks ago, and he spoke about the Lord's prayer. He explained what the passage on how to pray was about, but then he went into the next passage down in Luke 11:5-12. The parable is about a man who knocks on his neighbor's door asking for food because he has a traveler staying with him and has no food to give him. the neighbor first denies him, but then allows him in because of the man's persistence.  Pastor Bill said " Pray like that. Pray with persistent audacity and the Father will reward you." I liked his take on that because how many times do we pray for something, then after seeing no results, give up? God wants us to pray like the neighbor who won't leave the neighbor alone until he gives him what the wants. It made me think about my own prayer life and lack of persistent audacity. My husband reminded me of his word to us that day, and made me think about challenging you all on this same subject. I hope, dear reader, it makes you think about it as well, and you will reflect on your persistent audacity with the Lord as you go about your daily routine this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment