Popular Posts

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Unity that Heals

I had gotten word from my sister that a couple had lost everything in a fire recently in the next town over from me. So, I got together some clothes and waited for her to pick them up. When we were trying to coordinate times, she said they already have $2000 in donations! How do so many people get together and provide for one family? The answer: generosity.  I have often wondered how these two things can coincide- generosity with selfishness, encouragement with degradation, etc. The Bible says there is no one righteous, no not one, and that the heart is desperately wicked above all things. So, then how does this type of giving emerged from that wicked heart? Is it the fact we are all made in God's image? Is it that he uses both the saved ad unsaved for his glory? I guess my biggest question in this generosity is : where is the Church in all of this? I don't know if a church donated to their cause, or if they were even involved with one, but what if they aren't involved and a church did not donate. What does that say about the church body at large?

No comments:

Post a Comment