Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Blind Side

My husband and I went to see the Blind Side the other night for Valentine's day. It was the best ten bucks I have spent on a movie in a long time.  What I loved most about it was the giving nature of this family to allow this boy , whom they don't really know, into their home. What I disliked most was that most of the other "Christians" did nothing. Why was this the only family who was willing to give him a second chance? Was it his size?  His disposition? The color of his skin? I was staggered by how the majority of his teachers ( with the exception of a few) cared so little about those in need that they turned a " blind eye" ( or side) to him. They were even going to kick him out of school for not making the grade! Why was only one teacher willing to teach him in a way than the written test?
are we aware of the needs of those around us? If we are, are we willing to meet those needs?

No comments:

Post a Comment