Popular Posts

Thursday, October 29, 2009

gallon donation

So, I did my 8th  donation at a blood drive  near my house- making it my gallon donation! I obviously couldn't ignore the symbolism as I'm watching my blood gush from arm to bag.  What a beautiful picture, on the one hand, and a messy, painful one on the other.  She bruised me three separate times - and that is just from one needle! I can't even imagine nails in my hands....
It's hard not to have a new appreciation for Jesus's death on the cross.  
I always get a little anxious before my donation- will I faint or feel sick afterwards? What if my iron count is too low and I can't even donate?  It's hard to even wrap my head around sweating blood  praying to His father to " remove this cup."   It's hard to fully comprehend.
Yet, I always feel grateful, lucky, even, to know I made the difference in someone's life when they need it most. Perhaps I will see some of  them in heaven because of my momentary selflessness.  To think how many billions of lives have been saved by Jesus's bloodshed......

No comments:

Post a Comment