Popular Posts

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Where are we going?

"Where are we going?". My daughter just asked me that this morning as I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom mirror. I said to her. "No, why do we always have to be going somewhere?" I guess her question is more indicting than I originally realize. Do I always have to be going somewhere?
Why can't I just enjoy the moment that I am in, whether that be positive or negative? If it is negative, why don't I revel in the fact that God is refining me to become more like Him? If it is positive, why can't I be thankful and enjoy it before the dark days come again?  
As we approach Christmas this year, I pray that we will enjoy whatever moment we are in right now, with whomever that is important to you at this moment, wherever you are enjoying this moment. Let us all rejoice that we live in a country where we can celebrate with hope that this life is not the end of the story- it is the beginning of new things to come! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment