Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Ebb and Flow of Writing

As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disapproval of others. After my second rejection of my magazine article, I felt myself doubting once again that I am cut out for writing anything of value, let alone a decent magazine article. It is in these moments that I am reminded of God's calling not only to me but also to all of us. Proverbs 31:26 says " She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Whether spoken or written, I should always be prepared to "give a reason for the hope I have" because I never know who God might be putting in my path.

1 comment:

  1. I know your heart must feel such disappointment. Try not to take it personally but I know it's hard. God is grooming you and strengthening you to do a good work. Keep seeking Him first and his Kingdom. That's all that matters. Keep writing, honing the skill and submitting. He'll do the rest. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete