Have you ever searched at the back of your closet to find that one favorite outfit you have been thinking of wearing, only to find it doesn't fit quite as you had hoped? You stretch it and contort your body in a million different ways to still not achieve that look you wanted.
That's how I feel about the Christian life.
I stretch and strain trying to conform to Christlikeness, and when I feel like I have been bent out of shape, I find I am still far away from my goal.
I still have more to do and more to not do.
Sometimes I need a spiritual diet.
The one thing I do notice is that the closer I do get to my Christlike character, the less desire I have for stuff I want, and more desire for what He wants.
It also means I don't desire the "junk" anymore.
It gets me one step closer to choosing the "clothes" that the Bible speaks of: humility, compassion and gentleness.
Those fit me just right.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
No comments:
Post a Comment