Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Perfect Outfit

Have you ever searched at the back of your closet to find that one favorite outfit you have been thinking of wearing, only to find it doesn't fit quite as you had hoped? You stretch it and contort your body in a million different ways to still not achieve that look you wanted.
That's how I feel about the Christian life.
I stretch and strain trying to conform to Christlikeness, and when I feel like I have been bent out of shape, I find I am still far away from my goal.
I still have more to do and more to not do.
Sometimes I need a spiritual diet.
The one thing I do notice is that the closer I do get to my Christlike character, the less desire I have for stuff I want, and more desire for what He wants.
It also means I don't desire the "junk" anymore.
It gets me one step closer to choosing the "clothes" that the Bible speaks of: humility, compassion and gentleness.
Those fit me just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment