Popular Posts

Friday, July 9, 2010

Be a peacemaker

I have been challenged lately with the concept of being a peacemaker. What does that mean? Does it mean not saying anything and letting conflict blow over? Does it mean confronting in love and challenging someone to move forward from their present state into christlikeness? Does it mean being aggressive and prideful and arrogant and showing someone  who's "boss?"
I have had some of these opportunities recently. Instead of being who I want to be and read someone who has hurt me the riot act, I have chosen to be a peacemaker. I have chosen to extend grace to those who have chosen to be unkind to me and I have been firm in the times when I have needed to be. For me, being a peacemaker means being different things at different times. Sometimes firm, sometimes gracious, but in all things, Christlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment