Did you ever notice what the key to fear is? It doesn't have as much to do with what the fear actually is, but the anticipation of it. The fact that the object of the fear is uncontrollable gives the fear its power. Its pretty amazing to think that one way get rid of a fear is to not worry about the outcome. For example, the fear of heights is not the height, but whether or not the person is going to fall. A person afraid of snakes may not be as afraid of its appearance as they are of what the snake will do to them.
The other key to avoiding fear is faith. If a believer has faith in the Lord that He will save them from whatever troubled circumstance comes their way, how could someone be afraid?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I must take a moment and praise God today for all He is doing in regards to my writing. I have been faithfully blogging, writing magazine ar...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
No comments:
Post a Comment