Popular Posts

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Learning how to be Generous


My son and daughter teach me about generosity every day. Recently, my son received some stickers from a friend. He stared for a while at the small white papers adorned with colorful rockets and floating astronauts and stared at it for a little while. Then, without another thought, tapped me on the shoulder while I was cooking dinner. As I turned to face him, he placed two rockets on my sweatshirt and said "for you." In a similar fashion, my daughter split her peanut butter and jelly sandwich in half and handed me one. They don't think twice about giving to me or my husband, but it wasn't always that way.
My children needed to learn generosity in the same way that we need to learn how to be contrary to our nature and be generous. How do we learn that? By extending generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment