Popular Posts

Monday, September 13, 2010

Always Welcome at the Table

My children take great delight going to church every Sunday, but they especially love one part: communion. They smile with glee as they dip their bread in the cup like the rest of the people around them. I delight in watching it myself. Most people probably think my husband are nuts to let them participate in this holy tradition, but my husband and I made a pact that they could choose to participate in whatever they want when it comes to service to allow them their rightful place. I have always loved Jesus when he said "Let the little children come to me,and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. then He put his hands on them and blessed them. " God has a heart for children. He came to earth as a baby, after all, instead of like the king he already is.  Jesus loves children. I do not want to prevent them from having an experience with Jesus.  My children will always be welcome at the banquet table of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment