Popular Posts

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Lament

We do what benefits us the most.
If we were honest, we would agree with that statement.
I know I do.
Not all the time.
But sometimes.
I wish I could say I don't ever.
But, I do.
Instead of being thankful for all of the blessings God has given me over the past year, I focus on the one thing that i DIDN'T get.
Nothing specific, but i get disappointed when a child excludes me from the gaggle of Christmas gifts he's giving to other teachers. 
or, when i have to get another gift when I had already planned on getting them what I wanted to get them( another honest confession).
Why do I focus on the silly things that don't matter?
Why don't I realize that I'm lucky to even be celebrating Christmas this year-
With a healthy family
And a loving husband
And presents under the tree
And a job
And a working car
And a computer that I'm using to type this blog post.
And a calling to write these posts.
And a God that I know and He knows Me.
I don't know.
I guess I need a heart adjustment.
I suppose we all do.
I suppose that's why we celebrate the birth of a Savior in 4 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment