Popular Posts

Monday, October 19, 2009

So, I'm going to try my hand at  writing a blog. It's something I have always wanted to do, but never took the leap of faith to start one, because I am not the greatest in the discipline of journaling. but, if I want to become more like "the disciple whom Jesus loved" referenced by John in his own gospel account, then I have to change my old ways of thinking and  renew my mind with new things. 
I was reflecting on John 21, where Jesus asks Peter " do you love me?"  I never understood why Jesus asks him this until now. Peter had lost sight of what is important- loving God above all else, and loving his neighbor.  This is spiritual formation.  If we say we love God, we need to feed the sheep and put or words into action. Peter talked a great game, but he never put into action.  He missed the point. Have we? 

No comments:

Post a Comment