Popular Posts

Friday, August 13, 2010

Consider Others Better than yourselves

I gave my daughter the choice yesterday as to whether or not she wanted to go to VBS ice cream social or come with me to a friends' party. When I gave her the choice, I thought I already knew her answer? Who would want to pick their mother over ice cream? But, without hesitation she said" I'm going to to go with you mom. So, you won't be alone." What a generous, kind statement to make from a four year old! I hope I will always make the cut when she soon chooses between friends and her mom, or her new boyfriend over her mom. It's not that I don't want her to have friends and socialize, but I hope that she will always consider others' needs before her own.  It was a great day, and a great memory for me.
Although she did ask me " Will there be ice cream there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment