I talked with my mother-in-law yesterday and she told me a story about one of her staff that intrigued me. She told me that she passed by a staff member and she was cleaning the garbage pail lid. My mother-in-law said " I have never seen anyone do that before." To which the staff member replied "I am a neat freak." This in and of itself is nothing exciting, but it got me thinking about the fact that my mother-in-law never saw anyone taking the time to do the most menial of tasks. I'm sure it is not a part of her job description, or anyone's for that matter, but she took the time to make sure her workspace looked its best. That to me said a lot about this girl's character.
It reminded me of what Jesus said when he talked about the "least of these." Whenever we do a small thing for someone of little importance (water, feeding, etc.) Jesus is pleased, because it is like we are doing it for him. In the same way, this girl who took the extra time to do more than the required task pleases Jesus, too.
Do we take the extra time to do more than the required task, or do a small thing for someone of little importance?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
No comments:
Post a Comment