Popular Posts

Monday, August 23, 2010

Learning to Fish

As I have been referencing the Apostle John for my book, I came across the first time we meet John in the gospel of Mark. "Mark 1:19-20 says “When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him." As I have been doing this, my sister contacted me to ask if my husband would take my nephew fishing. I couldn't help but see the parallels between my nephew's desire to fish and the bible passage. 
The first thing that I found is that both my nephew and John would drop everything for something they loved. In my nephew's case, it is the actual fishing, for John, it was an invitation to follow Jesus. 
I guess it is an innate part of all of us to be motivated to drop everything for something we feel is worth it. 
Are you willing to drop everything for Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment