Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Missing Puzzle Piece

Have you ever felt like you don't fit?
I purchased a 100 piece puzzle for me and my children to complete while on vacation. After five minutes, I was the only one sitting at the table, struggling to put pieces in their proper piles. I tried to put many of the pieces in spots that I thought worked for them, but to no avail. After about thirty minutes, my patience had worn thin and I wanted to give up. Then, I found one piece that set into motion all of the pieces falling into place. It was like I had picked up a key that unlocked the mystery to solving the puzzle. After an hour and a half, I put the last piece in place, lifted my hands and said "Yes!" Sometimes the littlest things in life please me the most.
As I thought about this, I thought about my life before Christ. I tried so hard to fit myself into the mold that I thought was right for me, but to no avail. When Jesus called me, it was like the mystery that unlocked the key to the rest of my life. The moment I prayed to ask Jesus into my life, the pieces of my puzzle fit into place.
Sometimes the littlest things in life please me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment