Popular Posts

Friday, February 26, 2010

Extreme Makeover 4



The final verse is  in  2 Timothy 4:13. " Bring Mark with me, because he is useful to me in my ministry, my books, and above all the parchments.( paraphrase). What I love about this verse is that Paul himself values teaching and leaning. He values the books, which shows me that he is not above learning something new. Here he is saying I need to learn, too.  He brings Timothy with him, sort of his right-hand man to disciple. He allows him to do it through hands- on training. He goes with him, learns what Paul does, and then is sent out to do it himself.  But, he also places an emphasis on “ the parchments”. Parchments in those days were made of a certain material so that it would last, and not be lost. So, whatever he is learning, he is writing down. Why? So, that generations after him can benefit from what he has learned.   It’s that give and take relationship that benefits the body of Christ.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment