Popular Posts

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Extreme Makeover: the Unveiling 3


Let’s look at another verse that I think drives this point home: John 5:19-21 " I can only do what I see my Father doing..." The day that I was writing this I had my son with me. For Christmas, my son received a little V-tech laptop computer that came with a carrying bag that looked similar to the bags my husband and I use when we go out to do writing. I bought it for him because I knew he would like it and he could be like us, so, of course, he was so excited when we went out and he opened up his laptop to do his work and I opened up mine to do my work.  Picture this for a moment: we walk into Starbucks, both with our bags with our computers in them, slung over our shoulders. I order my drink and the barista gives him a little cup of hot chocolate on the house. So, we are carrying our drinks in one hand, carrying our bags in the other, both drinking our drinks and working on our computers. I could not think of a better illustration than that for this verse. I never taught him that, I never said ‘ this is what I do for work.” We taught them by our lifestyles. He watches his father everyday walks out of the house with a coffee cup in one hand and a bag on his shoulders in the other.  My example taught him how to live his life.  Likewise, our example, is the best way to show Christ to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment