Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Abandonment of Religion

I was reading a bumper sticker that read " just for today is a spiritual thing." This is not the first bumper sticker that I have read about the abandonment of religion. If I had a dime for every person who said " I'm spiritual , not religious", I'd be a millionaire. Why is everyone abandoning organized religion? According to the Barna Group, only 3% of Millenials ( those born 2000 and after,) look favorable upon religion. why does everyone like Jesus, but hate those that follow Him? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? I mean, Jesus himself said  " I came to seek and save those who are lost." Isn't that all of us? You can't  claim  to be something  yourself and hold peers to the same standard, then point the finger and say they are not living out the faith. Aren't we the same as those who point the finger? Although those statistics are staggering, here's another: 86% claim to be Christian. So, why the abandonment to those who you  claim to have fellowship ? Either we have out work cut out for us, or someone needs to check their facts....

No comments:

Post a Comment