A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
The Abandonment of Religion
I was reading a bumper sticker that read " just for today is a spiritual thing." This is not the first bumper sticker that I have read about the abandonment of religion. If I had a dime for every person who said " I'm spiritual , not religious", I'd be a millionaire. Why is everyone abandoning organized religion? According to the Barna Group, only 3% of Millenials ( those born 2000 and after,) look favorable upon religion. why does everyone like Jesus, but hate those that follow Him? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? I mean, Jesus himself said " I came to seek and save those who are lost." Isn't that all of us? You can't claim to be something yourself and hold peers to the same standard, then point the finger and say they are not living out the faith. Aren't we the same as those who point the finger? Although those statistics are staggering, here's another: 86% claim to be Christian. So, why the abandonment to those who you claim to have fellowship ? Either we have out work cut out for us, or someone needs to check their facts....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment