Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Best of both worlds?

I was just listening to the old Van Halen song " Best of Both Worlds." Now, i've known that song since I was about 9-10 years old, but I guess I never realized the impact of the lyrics. I'm talking specifically about the lyrics" You don't have to die and go to heaven, or hang around to be born again, just tune into what this place has got to offer, because we will never be here again".  Is that really as good as it gets? Is this life, with all of its pain, injustice, sickness, and heartache, really all there is to live for?  I suppose I should listen to the rest of the song to get at the heart of what it is saying, but I certainly hope this isn't all there is to live for. Living for people who, with the best of intentions, let us down, and life which is unfair at times through no fault of mine. I wonder what would happen if all of us who claim to no Christ, lived as Paul; did, who said, to die is gain, but would rather live here because he knows the Lord is accomplishing His work through him. 
What world is better than the place where I can see Christ face-to-face?

No comments:

Post a Comment