Popular Posts

Friday, January 8, 2010

A Lesson on Reconciliation

So, I'm still working through the incident I had with my son the other day. I've been asking myself" How do I get past what he has said to me?"  I suppose I am wrestling with the same things God wrestles with, loving His children who choose not to love Him back.  I had a hard time looking him in the eye that afternoon. But, I knew that wasn't the right thing to do. So, I did what I could do in that situation. I kissed him on the cheek and said I was happy to see him. I also prayed before I saw him that I could let it go and see him with Jesus' eyes and not my own.  Since that moment, it hasn't hurt me as bad.  There have been other times this week when Caleb cared more about his dad's affection than mine, but it hasn't bothered me as much. 
I wonder how God deals with His children not loving him, or loving other things more than Him. Does He cry? Turn His Face so no one sees?  Or does He choose to kiss those same children on the cheek when they run to Him asking Him to fix their problems? Does He tell them He is happy to see them?

No comments:

Post a Comment