Popular Posts

Monday, November 30, 2009

The world will end in 2012?

So, the world is going to end in 2012. Or, so Hollywood "The Blindside" with Sandra Bullock. To our surprise, it was sold out. Not wanting to leave the theater empty- handed, we settled for viewing "2012" instead. 
I thought the creators were creative in how they pitched it, that the earth's crust will get too hot, causing the outside to melt and throwing the world into a catclysmic end, wrought with huge tsunamis that was whatever is left of the crust away. I'm sure it has a lot of people thinking. and why not? As I sit in here in what should be CT's turn into winter, I look at my thermometer, only to find it reads close to 50 degrees. This movie could make the  usual viewer question if they only have 2 1/2 more years of life left.
Then, on Sunday, I came across this verse from matthew 21:8: "8He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them. 9When you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away."(NIV). 
Thank goodness we have the Word of God to turn to in times of uncertainty. 
Be encouraged today! The Lord is not through with you yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment