Popular Posts

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Power of Reconciliation

A lot of times I think about how I can live my life out to others as a Christian, yet do it in a way that does not offend or alienate them from the faith. I think that the answer lies in living out the Word that is "hidden in my heart"  everyday. 
For example, i have read many times about  " if you have something against your brother, go to him before you go to the communion table," but have not had many opportunities to have to put it into practice( thankfully).  But, today I had to have a discussion with someone to clear the air about some things I (and she) had misconstured. I had the chance to just let it blow over, but I didn't. I felt like if I didn't do something about it, I would care more about myself than about the relationship. The meeting went fine and everything was cleared up, but what if I hadn't? What if it festered enough to where a relationship was strained, even broken because of my negligence? That's the meaning behind this verse. Do we care enough about reconciling to each other , even if it means not participating in the Kingdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment