Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Power of Perseverance

click clack
almost there. 
click clack
Only 5 more minutes
click clack.
If I just keep going, I'll meet my goal.
 Bleary-eyed  and thirsty, this is how I normally start most mornings. 
I'm trying to train for a half-marathon. Well, sort of.  
These are the sounds I normally hear as i ride my elliptical trainer, or run on the treadmill. It would be so much easier if I just stay in bed. But, I don't.  
It hasn't gotten any easier since I started to become more conscience about my fitness level.
But, these are also the sounds that I have gotten me further along than ever before. For the first time today, I was able to run on the treadmill for 30 minutes and not get winded. Now, i don't know how this will translate to the actual road, but I'm getting there. it's a start. 
All because I get up every morning and persevere.  The results are not immediate, but are found at the perfect moment. 
Are you willing to persevere through whatever challenges come your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment