We are called to "be" the church. Not go to church, but to be it. In action. This means to allow our actions to come out of who we are as a body of Christ. I heard it once said that" Going to church doesn't make us a Christian any more than going to McDonalds makes you a hamburger. " It's true. We , as Christians,are always looking for the next Bible study or Sunday School class to teach us what we already know and is a part of us. God has already equipped us with all that we need to " make disciples" ( Matt. 28). When we begin to fulfill our purpose in the world as the missional people of God and "be", then world will start to change.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
-
I stumbled upon this article by Mary Demuth, an amazing Christian author. Some of you out there are in the writing business, and some of you...
Monday, November 2, 2009
To Be or Not to Be
Jesus was incarnational. By that I mean he embodied all of the qualities of His father because He and His Father were one. Jesus refers to himself as "I am" because, simply put, He is. He never needed to become like His father, because He already is. It was a part of Him. All of His healings and miracles manifested out of the qualities of Himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment