Popular Posts

Monday, November 9, 2009

The disciple Whom Jesus Loved Contd.

I apologize. I noticed one more reference of " the disciple whom Jesus loved." It is in chapter 20, which says John and Peter heard Mary say to them " They have taken my Lord and I don't know where they have put them!"  It states that both started running, but John outran Peter and got to the tomb first.  Peter enters the tomb first and sees the linens there. John also enters the tomb . The Scripture makes a point of saying" He saw and believed." Verse 9 then says " They still did not understand the Scriptures had to be fulfilled." I immediately asked myself " why does john make a point again of saying ' He saw and believed," but then the point of view changes from "He" to "They."  I think there is another point to be made here, which is probably why there was so much more in this gospel than in any other. the point is this: He saw and believed even in his unbelief. The next verse clearly says they still didn't believe..." and yet John still chooses belief, even when his realm of understanding dictated otherwise.   
Do you still choose to believe even when your realm of understanding dictates otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment