Popular Posts

Monday, June 28, 2010

Sometimes I Need a Little Clarity

I am the tag sale queen. Every Saturday my family and I hop from town to town looking for the next best sale. My pet peeve, though is when the tag sale signs aren't clear enough to know where it is. Sometimes the sign contains too much information that I miss it as I strain to read it. or, it simply gives an address and I'm not familiar with the area. Sometimes I wish the sign would just say "tag sale today" with a big arrow. Sometimes less information is more to get the main idea.
It's the same in the Christian life. Sometimes I wish God would just make a sign with a huge arrow to tell me where I am going. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Sometimes I get too many conflicting opinions that I miss the main point. Sometimes I'm unfamiliar with the direction God is taking me and I don't feel he is speaking clearly. I think sometimes I need to go my own way, and block out the drone of others' opinions in my ear. Sometimes I need to go to his word or pray for more information. But, a little clarity is sometimes all I need to finish the race marked out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment