Popular Posts

Monday, June 21, 2010

Extend Grace

I had a discussion with a friend this morning about some miscommunications we had over the past few weeks. When I first heard that their was an issue, I was upset that this person decided to talk about me to other people as opposed to coming to me directly and working out the issue. I could have ranted and raved about the hurtful treatment I received from this person. I could have pointed out all of the things this person had done. As I prayed about how to handle the situation, I felt God saying to "extend grace." During this morning's discussion, I was able to share a bit of the gospel and my conviction that if I claimed to be a Christian, I had to be gracious.  I couldn't be anything but gracious. I think my light shined more brightly and I ushered in the kingdom of God more quickly today because I made the choice to extend grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment