Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Check your Celebellum at the Door

I've been listening to the song " O'm Not ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie chicks lately ( I know, I'm just as surprised as you are by my new country music fascination). Now, i don't know much about the background behind what the Dixie Chicks said against the president, but I do remember the backlash from it. I remember people's mistreatment of them because they expressed their opinion about the president's actions. But, I was quite surprised at some of the lyrics in the bridge:
" And its a sad,sad story
That a mother would teach her daughter
To hate a perfect stranger
And how can it be that the words that I said
Would send someone right over the edge
That He'd write me a letter
Saying I'd better Shut Up and sing
Or my life will be over."
As a pastor's wife, I've heard a lot of secrets, all of which I've kept over the years.
I know how I'd feel if someone aired my dirty laundry all over creation,
and I know those who have confided in me with theirs, want me to respect their privacy.
Because I disagree about something that I see or hear,
does not give me the right to criticize him or her about it.
I always have the choice to respond with words seasoned with grace, or tabasco sauce.
I always want the grace.
I should be willing to give what I want to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment