Give life to the people in your life through intergenerational mentorship. Paul refers to the gift of investing in those around us more than any other biblical leader. In fact, 2 Timothy 4:13 talks about the importance of passing things onto the next generation. "When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments." What I love about this verse is that Paul himself values teaching and leaning. He values the books, which shows me that he is not above learning something new. Here he is saying I need to learn, too. He brings Timothy with him, sort of his right-hand man to disciple. He allows him to do it through hands- on training. He goes with him, learns what Paul does, and then is sent out to do it himself. But, he also places an emphasis on “ the parchments”. Parchments in those days were made of a certain material so that it would last, and not be lost. So, whatever he is learning, he is writing down. Why? So, that generations after him can benefit from what he has learned. It’s that give and take relationship that benefits the body of Christ.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment