" Do not confuse Christian for American.." A.W. Tozer said this back in the 50s about America's habit of mixing American patriotism for Christian belief. Although this was written in the 50s, we are still mixed up in this today. Many Christians today link Christian with Republican Party. Although they do take a stand on many moral issues, Jesus was not one for taking stock on relying on government to legislate morality. In fact, he rebuked John for treating a city so harshly for not welcoming him. Yet, if the government isn't doing things how we want them done, we treat in the same way John treated that city. Isn't reliance on anything but Christ a " little god?"
Furthermore, what do we do when the government doesn't do what we think is right, do we pray for them? Fast for them? Treat them with the same Christlikeness we claim we possess?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I have been filing my paperwork to get my CDA for my job renewed. I also had them review my transcripts to see if they could find 12 credits...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
Just wanted to share this little poem I found in a book I got at a tag sale called "Portrait of Jesus" I wanted you to be as insp...
-
I talked with my mother-in-law yesterday and she told me a story about one of her staff that intrigued me. She told me that she passed by a ...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
My husband received this from a worker at a local coffee shop. it was so powerful, I had to share it with you. Letter from Jesus about Chr...
-
I walked into the elementary school near my home yesterday. I waited in line for only a few moments. I took the special black pen attached...
No comments:
Post a Comment