Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Change the world

I am a rocker girl at heart. So, i was just shocked as anyone when I downloaded my first country song, change, by Carrie Underwood. She performed it beautifully on Idol Gives Back and it is a plea to ignore the naysayers of the world and believe that you can make a difference in the world. I thought about it a lot as I was listening, just how much I am impacting my world, simply by being a day care teacher, a church goer, a Christian.
It is important for me to always remember how I am coming across to other, especially to the unsaved. For example, one of my parents in my classroom is an atheist, and has been vocal about not mentioning god at all in the teaching or curriculum. The handbook states that I have a right to share my belief publicly, but do I?
I could be a pain and exercise my right, but will that further the Gospel message, either in his life, or in the life of his child. The most powerful thing I can do is bow my head and say a prayer for her whenever i think of her. I suppose it is the most powerful thing any of us can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment