Popular Posts

Monday, April 26, 2010

Blow the candles out on your pity party cake

"Hope might seem impossible when suffering has occurred. But, suffering makes a worthy advocate. Those who have gone through pain have the power to speak and act, so that others listen."
I was at my writers;' group on Thurs. night and someone gave this quote to a friend of mine. She is a daughter of divorce and is writing a book on how to survive and work through the pain of divorce. She was encouraged by these words, and I hope you are, too. I am as well. 
I have experienced a lot of pain in my life, and in the midst of it all, it was easy for me to throw a pity party and blame God, wondering  why he wasn't blessing me "after all I had done for Him". It took me a long time to blow out the candles out  on my pity party cake and realize that God had already done enough for me. He didn't owe me anything. In fact, I owed Him, and the debt was more than I could possibly repay. 
One way I could redeem my own pain was to redeem others; pain.  Be the blessing, in other words.
Sometimes I focus too much on the correction,and not enough on the encouragement. 
I have seen more fruit in my life when I changed my perspective and saw how much I had, rather than what I didn't, what I had gained rather than lost,  what He had already done, rather than what I wanted Him to do. I pray the same for you as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment