Popular Posts

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Harassed and Helpless

At 3 am this morning, I heard a desperate cry coming from the bathroom. It was my daughter, Leah, who was sick to her stomach. I'm sure any mother's heart who is reading this goes out to her. I know mine did, even though cleaning it up turns my own stomach. The reason why I felt for her because her cry told me exactly how she was feeling:alone, scared, unsure about what was coming next.
I'm sure that is how Jesus felt about those He saw around him during His ministry. " ... they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."
Why don't we feel the same way about the people around us? Why don't we stop pointing a finger and start hearing their desperate cries for help?
My daughter was harassed and helpless last night. The people around us are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment