Popular Posts

Monday, March 1, 2010

We have bigger fish to fry

So, I've been reading a blog posting from David Westerfield, a pastor who conducted an interview with William Young, the author of the shack. He was talking about the seemingly heretical components of the book. As much as I appreciate his desire to not allow Christians to go astray, I wondered as I was reading it, and the response of the person who reposted it, did they ever stop to think the reason why people are so enthralled with books like the Shack and the DaVinci code?  People still want God. In general, anyway. But, the church has failed to create an environment for people to experience God in a way that is meaningful to them.  For example which would resonate most with people, the response of the person who reposted it calling this generation " adulterous and perverse", or calling the Shack one of our gods? Where is the good news in that? If that us all people are hearing, ( which is biblical, but old testament, not new) how can they gravitate towards a God whom they believe calls them that? I saw a couple of my friends becoming fans of the FB page " I might be going to hell, but at least my friends will be there." That is a sad state in our world. I think we have bigger fish to fry than whether or not the Shack is heresy.  Where are people speaking out about the heresy of that? Why doesn't someone tell them " If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old is gone the new is come." Why doesn't anyone care about those people?

No comments:

Post a Comment