Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It begins with a kiss

My son is an emotional little guy. He went through this phase at school where he was crying when my husband or I would leave him. I realized he had gotten over that one morning when  I put the key in the ignition, backed down the driveway and turned to see a small hand waving wildly in his bedroom window and a big smile on his face. I blew him a kiss and  he continued to blow me one until I headed down the road.  He still continues this as part of his morning ritual ( he cries when he doesn't get to do that.) I savor this special moment between us, because I know there will come a day when that window will be empty and his mind will instead be filled with  friends and blowing kisses to his girlfriend instead of to me.
Isn't that the way it should be with our Father?  I wish I  could say I spend the time I need with God every morning, but I rush too much in the morning and my mind is filled with other things. I need to savor my moments with my Father and blow Him a kiss in the morning before I leave, to show Him how much I love Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment