This week's Community episode was about Jeff, played by Joel McHale, taking beginner pottery, which was his blowoff class for the semester. He thought he would be able to do it no problem, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't make the projects. Another cool guy in his class with one touch can make these beautiful vases. Jeff even stays after school one day to hone his skill, but to no avail.
The point is that he couldn't manufacture his art no matter how hard he tried. In art, as well as life, either you have the talent or you don't. You can learn one, but people who have an artistic talent, for example, naturally are just creative. Paul writes in 11 corinthians 4:7, that we are jars of clay, that hold the treasure (the gospel). It is a natural part of them. We can't preach what we don't know. Either you know him, or you don't.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment