Popular Posts

Monday, November 1, 2010

What I am thankful for

As we approach Thanksgiving, I decided that for the next 25 days, I will write what I am thankful for. I notice it is more difficult for me to think about the negative things in life when I am too busy counting my blessings...
The first thing I am thankful for is my husband. We have been married for ten years, been in the ministry for all of those ten years and pastored three churches. We have done a lot together. The one thing we have never done is squashed each others' dreams. We have always sacrificed to make our passions and dreams a reality. I am thankful for that. Many wives think that submission means to sacrifice who they are to make their husband's dreams come true. I am glad that I am in a marriage that understands what submission is: equality and complementarity.
Thank you, Joe, for knowing that Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment