Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What I am thankful for 3

As I am typing, I am being thoroughly by my two children, making the silliest faces and noises.
Their smiles say it all. Their joy and zest for life are infectious. As difficult as they can be at times, I am thankful for my two children. They love their parents, God and their neighbors.
Many parents, who sit by the bedsides of their children, wracked by illness and disease and unable to cope with the pain of life, hold their children's hands, the only solace they can offer to ease the pain. They would take their children's place in a second, but are plagued with the feeling of hopelessness that they cannot. They would kill for an opportunity to be entertained by their children's smiling faces.
I have that opportunity tonight.
They do not.
I am thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment