It id funny what leittle moments can do to make you thin kabout your relationship with God. Tired from a long day at work we convened for dinner and went through the normal ritual of telling about our days. My husband told me all about his day with the kids and that he raised the training wheels on my son's bike, so that he could learn to balance more and not worry about having no training wheels. I thought about this in my walk with God. As a beginner Christian, I was so worried about existing in the Christian sub culture. With all of my friends using Christian language I never could understand, such as "salvation", "sanctification", and "accountability," I wondered if I would ever fit in. I constantly wanted to surround myself with those I thought scould speak the "language" and protect me from making a fool of myself. These people were my "training wheels." As I grew in the Word, continued going to church faithfully, and obediently folliowing what I felt God wanted me to do, the "training wheels" became less necessary. As I submerged myself in that circle of believers, my ability to survive became stronger and stornger. If i had quit because i felt intimidated, I would have never understood what it meant to be a Christian.
In the same way, my son is intimidated because he has not submerged himself in the discipline of practicing the fine art of bike riding. If he quits now, he will never learn, and miss out on the joy of cruising down the nearby sidewalk with the wind through his neatly trimmed hair. If I had quit becoming like Jesus because I felt intimidated by the people around me, I would not experience the joy of becoming like my"trainer".
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
No comments:
Post a Comment