2 Corinthians 3:18 says "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."
Why is it, though, that when are faces are officially unveiled, we want to cover them up?
It is only through our humility, vulnerability and authenticity that we reflect God's glory.
Why do we cover them up with a Facade?
Why do we want to pull the veil over our eyes as the Lord gently asks to lift the veil up?
Why do we put our heads in the sand and our feet in the ground when God wants to transform us?
It is a beautiful moment at a wedding when the wife's veil is pulled up and her face is revealed to him for the first time. I am reminded of this verse every time I see it.
But, we have to be willing to be unveiled in order for the world to see us for who we really are.
Why don't we want that?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
I have been filing my paperwork to get my CDA for my job renewed. I also had them review my transcripts to see if they could find 12 credits...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I must take a moment and praise God today for all He is doing in regards to my writing. I have been faithfully blogging, writing magazine ar...
No comments:
Post a Comment