Today is my birthday.
You want to know what my favorite part is?
I enjoy the gifts
The cards
The cake
The pictures.
But, my favorite part is
thanking each and every person who writes on my Facebook wall.
It reminds me how much I have been through,
all of the people I have met
and all of the people that make up my friends and family.
You are all so special to me.
Every year the number of posts goes up,
which tells me I am making a difference in the world.
I like to write you all back a personal message
Because it is my way of giving back to you
a little of what you have given me.
It proves yet again
that in God's family
No one is excluded,
but all are welcomed.
May Jesus become as real to you as he has become to me
As we approach this Christmas.
That's one great birthday gift.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
The waiting game continues.... It is has been two months and no word on my book proposal. As much as this sounds discouraging, it actually...
-
As we approach the possibility of yet another snowstorm, I could think about the inconvenience of poor driving conditions, another day off f...
-
I have been filing my paperwork to get my CDA for my job renewed. I also had them review my transcripts to see if they could find 12 credits...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
Just wanted to share this little poem I found in a book I got at a tag sale called "Portrait of Jesus" I wanted you to be as insp...
-
I was watching the movie Facing the Giants and my favorite scene is when one of the teachers at the school comes to the football coach and t...
-
Some of you might be wondering if I have fallen off the face of the earth. The answer to that is no. I am still writing, and am very encour...
-
A lot of times I think about how I can live my life out to others as a Christian, yet do it in a way that does not offend or alienate them f...
-
I am in the process of transitioning from the front classroom to the back classroom at work and trying to make it a preschool room. It has b...
No comments:
Post a Comment