Today is my birthday.
You want to know what my favorite part is?
I enjoy the gifts
The cards
The cake
The pictures.
But, my favorite part is
thanking each and every person who writes on my Facebook wall.
It reminds me how much I have been through,
all of the people I have met
and all of the people that make up my friends and family.
You are all so special to me.
Every year the number of posts goes up,
which tells me I am making a difference in the world.
I like to write you all back a personal message
Because it is my way of giving back to you
a little of what you have given me.
It proves yet again
that in God's family
No one is excluded,
but all are welcomed.
May Jesus become as real to you as he has become to me
As we approach this Christmas.
That's one great birthday gift.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
Just wanted to share this little poem I found in a book I got at a tag sale called "Portrait of Jesus" I wanted you to be as insp...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I have been filing my paperwork to get my CDA for my job renewed. I also had them review my transcripts to see if they could find 12 credits...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
No comments:
Post a Comment