I came across this quote on Facebook, and wanted you, dear reader, to think about its significance.
"Many, in seeking to discern right from wrong, inadvertently become judgmental toward other people. Yes, we need to discern sin, but we must also discern how to represent Christ in seeking redemption. Thus, our first reaction should be intercession. As John wrote, we are to "ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin . . ." (1 John 5:16). God does not want us to be judgmental, but prayer-mental."
I thought it was an accurately biblical response to how we treat those in our fellowship and those who are not. i think too often we think we can turn away from that which we believe is sin. Although i would never advocate someone to become steeped in sin, but Jesus never turned away from having fellowship with that which is sinful. Take the temptation by Satan for example. Or the passage in the Old Testament where Satan is allowed to approach God's throne and petition him, as depicted in Job. We want so easily to point the finger at someone and label them as a false teacher, yet Jesus calls us to redeem that which is lost.
How does this quote change how you will strive to redeem that which is lost in the future?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I entered the cozy living room and plopped down on the big red and white couch with my Bible in hand, waiting to engage in our weekly bib...
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
Well, the verdict is in on my book proposal. I finally got the courage to contact the publisher that has my book proposal. She got back to ...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me: 1) Sticky marshmallows and pape...
-
I turned on the TV Friday night just for some background noise. Soon, i heard the ever-catchy Men at Work song " Be Good, Johnny"...
No comments:
Post a Comment