I had the opportunity this week to reflect on my week off on vacation. Here are some things I took with me:
1) Sticky marshmallows and paper towels are never a good combination
2) Shopping can wear even me out
3) Treasure the small moments in life- the second game of Trouble, watching kids explore the outdoors in a new way, every car ride, walk around the block and cool summer day
4) Those small moments will only be snuffed out by the everyday duties of adulthood
5) Those moments are the things in which memories are built, character is developed, and God thoroughly enjoys.
Make every moment count.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
-
We do what benefits us the most. If we were honest, we would agree with that statement. I know I do. Not all the time. But sometimes. I wish...
-
" Get in the car" my husband said as I opened the door to his shiny silver Hyundai. Nearing the end of a long day at work, I refl...
-
Choose life in the midst of death- John 5: 19-23: " On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four day...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
If you feel included while others are excluded, you don't have true community. If you hang out with the same people, and never venture ...
-
It has been 3 months now since I sent out my book proposal to David C. Cook publishing and I have not heard anything yet. I'm hoping thi...
-
I went onto Youtube the other day and watched Adam Lambert's performance on Oprah. now, I'm embarrassed to admit I actually liked th...
-
Pastor Bill Huegel preached at our church a few weeks ago, and he spoke about the Lord's prayer. He explained what the passage on how to...
-
I took my son to Starbucks with me yesterday so I could do some writing. He asked if he could bring his computer and do games on it, which I...
Hey Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI think I finally figured it out. BTW, I agree that we should treasure these little moments that God has blessed us with.
Dawn