I gave my daughter the choice yesterday as to whether or not she wanted to go to VBS ice cream social or come with me to a friends' party. When I gave her the choice, I thought I already knew her answer? Who would want to pick their mother over ice cream? But, without hesitation she said" I'm going to to go with you mom. So, you won't be alone." What a generous, kind statement to make from a four year old! I hope I will always make the cut when she soon chooses between friends and her mom, or her new boyfriend over her mom. It's not that I don't want her to have friends and socialize, but I hope that she will always consider others' needs before her own. It was a great day, and a great memory for me.
Although she did ask me " Will there be ice cream there?"
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
I have been filing my paperwork to get my CDA for my job renewed. I also had them review my transcripts to see if they could find 12 credits...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
My husband received this from a worker at a local coffee shop. it was so powerful, I had to share it with you. Letter from Jesus about Chr...
-
Just wanted to share this little poem I found in a book I got at a tag sale called "Portrait of Jesus" I wanted you to be as insp...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I talked with my mother-in-law yesterday and she told me a story about one of her staff that intrigued me. She told me that she passed by a ...
-
As we approach the possibility of yet another snowstorm, I could think about the inconvenience of poor driving conditions, another day off f...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
-
I walked into the elementary school near my home yesterday. I waited in line for only a few moments. I took the special black pen attached...
No comments:
Post a Comment