As I have been referencing the Apostle John for my book, I came across the first time we meet John in the gospel of Mark. "Mark 1:19-20 says “When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him." As I have been doing this, my sister contacted me to ask if my husband would take my nephew fishing. I couldn't help but see the parallels between my nephew's desire to fish and the bible passage.
The first thing that I found is that both my nephew and John would drop everything for something they loved. In my nephew's case, it is the actual fishing, for John, it was an invitation to follow Jesus.
I guess it is an innate part of all of us to be motivated to drop everything for something we feel is worth it.
Are you willing to drop everything for Jesus?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
" Get in the car" my husband said as I opened the door to his shiny silver Hyundai. Nearing the end of a long day at work, I refl...
-
We do what benefits us the most. If we were honest, we would agree with that statement. I know I do. Not all the time. But sometimes. I wish...
-
Choose life in the midst of death- John 5: 19-23: " On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four day...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I went onto Youtube the other day and watched Adam Lambert's performance on Oprah. now, I'm embarrassed to admit I actually liked th...
-
Being sick in bed today, although disappointing, has its perks. It has allowed me to watch a lot of daytime tv, which helps me alleviate the...
-
It has been 3 months now since I sent out my book proposal to David C. Cook publishing and I have not heard anything yet. I'm hoping thi...
-
I took my son to Starbucks with me yesterday so I could do some writing. He asked if he could bring his computer and do games on it, which I...
-
We were at the zoo the other day, and this zoo has some kiddie rides. Since we have gone to this zoo every year since the kids were born, we...
-
One of the most life-transforming verses in the Bible for me is Isaiah 58:9-11: “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointi...
No comments:
Post a Comment