If you knew the real Christ, you wouldn't want Him.
He begins His life shaking up the world, in its present form and leaves it the same way.
He wants to shake up your world in its present form.
He is unlike anyone you have ever encountered.
When you leave his presence, you are never the same.
He will not allow you to be the same.
He yearns for you to be good soil.
He wants to prune your branches.
He wants the fruit you produce to be good.
He is good, even though it doesn't seem that way.
He doesn't give you what you want.
He gives you what you need.
He is Holy, and expects nothing less from His children.
He frees the captives, fathers the fatherless, Loves for the sake of love.
He will make you poor, and you'll love him for it.
You'll lose your life, and you'll praise Him for it.
You will die to yourself, and live.
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
As I wade through the ebb and flow of writing (with more ebbs than flows) I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the approval or disap...
-
At long last I have finally spoken to the publisher. For those of you who have kept up with my ongoing saga, I'm sure you are waiting in...
-
Don't you wish God would just tell us what he wanted for our lives? Don't you wish He just used a megaphone? Or write it in hierog...
-
I have been filing my paperwork to get my CDA for my job renewed. I also had them review my transcripts to see if they could find 12 credits...
-
Just wanted to share this little poem I found in a book I got at a tag sale called "Portrait of Jesus" I wanted you to be as insp...
-
I need your help! Please pray- I just received an e-mail from the publisher who said she reviewed my proposal. she said she would rather sp...
-
I walked into the elementary school near my home yesterday. I waited in line for only a few moments. I took the special black pen attached...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
I talked with my mother-in-law yesterday and she told me a story about one of her staff that intrigued me. She told me that she passed by a ...
-
This marks my 200th posting for my blog. When I think back to last year when i first began this blog, I nervously signed up for an account, ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment