How is it that something so quiet can cause so much damage? I woke up this morning to find close to a foot of snow on the ground and my family and I snowed in for the day. It could have been worse, but we enjoyed the day watching movies and playing games. At best for me it was a much enjoyed day off.
But, isn't it the same in our spiritual lives too? The visible or things we do to others do damage to our relationships with God, but doesn't it seem like those that are unspoken of and unseen do just as much harm? The self deprecating thoughts and beliefs that exist in our minds and hearts do just as much to alienate us from God's unending and unfailing love. "For out of the heart the mouth speaks..."
What unspoken and unseen sins keep you from basking in God's love?
A wife. a mother. A pastor's wife. Above all, a Christ follower.
Popular Posts
-
Col. 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of ...
-
" Get in the car" my husband said as I opened the door to his shiny silver Hyundai. Nearing the end of a long day at work, I refl...
-
We do what benefits us the most. If we were honest, we would agree with that statement. I know I do. Not all the time. But sometimes. I wish...
-
Choose life in the midst of death- John 5: 19-23: " On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four day...
-
The more research I do on John, the more I come to know and understand who he was. As most of you know, I am wrestling with why John was cal...
-
It has been 3 months now since I sent out my book proposal to David C. Cook publishing and I have not heard anything yet. I'm hoping thi...
-
I went onto Youtube the other day and watched Adam Lambert's performance on Oprah. now, I'm embarrassed to admit I actually liked th...
-
Being sick in bed today, although disappointing, has its perks. It has allowed me to watch a lot of daytime tv, which helps me alleviate the...
-
Pastor Bill Huegel preached at our church a few weeks ago, and he spoke about the Lord's prayer. He explained what the passage on how to...
-
I took my son to Starbucks with me yesterday so I could do some writing. He asked if he could bring his computer and do games on it, which I...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment